Friday, January 15, 2010

No picture tonight, day 4. You think you are prepared to hear the work until it comes out of the Doctors mouth. Cancer. We were told today my 78 year old mother has breast cancer. Shock, fear, anguish, hope, are all the emotions I felt at hearing the diagnoses. I actually felt an icy chill move through my body. My prayers are for her and what she faces, the fear she feels and the mind numbing shock that is swirling around her. If you read this, pray for Joyce, my mom.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I feel like the hits just keep coming :(
    You and vern (she'll always be vern to me!) will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, I'm so sorry...praying for her health...
    xoxo, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda,

    My heart is breaking for you right now. My mother is 79 and we just recently had a lung cancer scare with her - as it turned it, it was not cancer, but rather Valley Fever... She has other health issues as well and I have had to come face to face with the fact that I could lose her.... But God is the healer and I stand on His promises!

    I pray in Jesus Name that the peace that passeth all understanding flood your soul right now!!! He is the peace speaker! He promised to be the Prince of Peace - in our darkest night, HE will hold you and speak HIS peace to your heart!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete